The Traveling Sisterhood: Party at the International Wildlife Museum! #Tucson #TravelArizona

Party at the International Wildlife Museum! #Tucson #TravelArizona

Special thanks to the wonderful people at the International Wildlife Museum for providing my bestie with a party discount to facilitate this post!

Over the weekend, I piled up the Kia with Mema, a coupla presents, four excited kiddos, and my also-admittedly-excited self to head to the Catalina foothills and attend the coolest kid's party I've ever been to!  The party was hosted by the International Wildlife Museum, and the staff did such an incredible job of accommodating us and helping us pull everything together.

Every kiddo there was smiling and laughing and being entertained and interested for pretty much the whole 120 minutes--some of them longer, since they stayed as long as they could.  What did they say when I asked them how they liked it?  Well...

"My favorite part was learning about the animals and petting them. It was the best animal place I ever went to!" -Zoey A.
 
 


"It was the best place on earth!  Better than the zoo!" -Lulu J.


"I laughed so much!" -Olivia J.


 "I liked it!  It reminded me of Night at the Museum!" -Lukas M.


"That gator was fierce!" -Lani A.

And we mean REALLY fierce!

As far as the birthday packages go, you can check out everything that entails here.  There are a couple of options that range from $150 (totally a deal considering I just spent $160 on a bowling party last week which wasn't nearly as fun, another museum in town starts at $175, and the zoo is about $300--yikes!).  As I was saying, it's a great deal considering what you get--admission for 25 guests, all paper goods and decorations, a scavenger hunt, the pleasure of everything being prepared and put away for you, and 2 hours in the dining area.  You can also add goody bags for all the kiddos and (the coolest part!) a live animal presentation.  We learned about and got a chance to pet a box turtle, a baby desert tortoise (so cute!), a bearded dragon, a python, and a bunny.  The live animal presentation was really cool.  Loved it!

"I liked it a lot.  It was such a fun birthday party!" -Alex A.


The photos tell the tale--all of these kids had a wonderful day.  And that's what it's all about: the kids having fun, right?  But the thing is, I'm pretty sure--no, I'm absolutely certain--that I had just as much or more fun than they had.  Last night during an adult bible study, the teacher asked what kinds of things make us happy.  I didn't say anything at that moment because a million things ran through my mind.  So many things make me happy.  Everything going better than planned--that makes me happy.  Learning.  Seeing my kids smile.  Watching them laugh with their friends.  Standing on a bridge overlooking the water.  Discovering dragon flies with my littles while the wind blows a gentle breeze.  Surrounding myself with God's amazing creation.  Being able to spend time with people I love.  Realizing that I'm living such an abundant life.   And I had the opportunity to do all of those things and reflect on them and more last weekend.  Pardon me if I get a little sappy, but you've got to really like a place that can inspire such joy.  So do I recommend that my Tucsonan readers venture over to the Wildlife Museum for a birthday party or just to spend the day?  I totally do!


You Can Find
The International Wildlife Museum On


4 comments:

  1. This looks like such a fun (and educational) party! Really a 2-1 if you ask me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Olivia4:41 PM

    Sister!!! How you captured my thought as well!! What awesome pictures you took :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. that looks like a blast, gotta love the photo of the kid in the gator's mouth lol. It looks like fun was had by all, and I wish I lived closer to take advantage of a party there. great photos and thanks for sharing what was obviously a very fun time indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That would be an AWESOME party place!!!

    ReplyDelete