The Traveling Sisterhood: Cute Cupcake Spiders, A Fun Halloween Recipe

Cute Cupcake Spiders, A Fun Halloween Recipe



I have to admit, I have SO MUCH FUN around Halloween and what's not to love about cupcakes?!  Donsuemor's minis are the cutest! Well, they were the cutest until we made them into the cutest little spiders ever!  They're also incredibly delicious... we played with them for a little while and then we ate them up. Check out our super fun recipe, get some Cute Cakes (the most delicious packaged mini-cupcakes) to try it for yourself, or simply turn store bought cupcake mix into adorableness.
 

CUTECAKE SPIDERS

Ingredients

Mini Cupcakes 
(or big ones will work, too, but they are not as cute)
Powdered Sugar
Pretzel Sticks
Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
*Small tube of black icing (optional)

Making the Spider's Legs

1. Heat a bowl of 1 cup of chocolate chips in the microwave for 45 seconds.
2. Stir the chocolate until it's well mixed and melted.
3. Bite tips off the pretzels so they'll poke into cupcakes easily. Coat the pretzels in the chocolate.
4. Lay the chocolate covered pretzels on a baking sheet covered in wax paper.
5. Stick them in the freezer for about 5 minutes to quickly dry them.

In the meantime...

1. Mix 1 cup of powdered sugar with 2 tbsp. water. This is going to be "glue."
2. Dab 2 spots of "glue" onto each cupcake where the spiders' faces will be.
3. Stick one chocolate chip onto each spot of glue to make the eyes.

Then...

1. Stick the pretzel legs into the cupcakes. Everyone knows spiders have 8 legs but 6 legs fit much better around a cupcake. Don't worry. They'll be just as cute & just as delicious!
Note: Don't stick the pretzels in too far or the cupcakes will split in the center.
2. Draw little mouths on the spiders with the black icing if it suits your fancy.
3. Eat them up... if you don't think they're too adorable for eating!

25 comments:

  1. those are so cute. love this

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seriously--even my kid with arachnophobia liked these spider cupcakes. I think that makes them a HUGE hit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are too cute! Fun to make and fun to eat!

    Nancy
    allibrary (at) aol (dot) com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous4:31 PM

    This is a super cute idea.
    Jody C

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for sharing this recipe. These are spiders that I wouldn't want out of my house, other than so that I wouldn't eat them all. They're very cute. I know my nieces would love making them with me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Delicious treats!! Consider it bookmarked for later!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those are so cute! I'll show my husband since he's the cook in the house! Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super cute! My girls would love!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So cute:) Perfect for upcoming Halloween:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Perfect cupcakes for my upcoming Halloween party! How cute!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awwwwe...these are super super cute! I love them.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh these are so cute! We love making treats for the holidays! I have to try this one! What a fun idea!

    ReplyDelete
  13. These CUTECAKE SPIDERS are absolute adorable and look so tasty. I would really enjoy making them.
    twinkle at optonline dot net

    ReplyDelete
  14. These are super cute I would love to make these with the kids.They look delicious.Thank you for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is such a cute idea & the kids love doing this type of thing!

    ReplyDelete
  16. These were the cutest little spiders til I made them, these ones will definitely scare anyone

    ReplyDelete
  17. These spiders I can handle!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Cute Cute! yummy and scary!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Cute Cute! yummy and scary!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Anonymous4:38 AM

    these are super cute love the spiders ty for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  21. These are adorable.. and look so cute

    ReplyDelete
  22. These are so cute and they look really simple to make!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Really cute idea for Halloween class treats

    ReplyDelete
  24. These would be perfect for my son's birthday party. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  25. These are so cute, my kids would love them any time of the year.

    ReplyDelete