The Traveling Sisterhood: The Kids Who Learned Their Times Tables in 1 Hour! 2 Years After Times Tales

The Kids Who Learned Their Times Tables in 1 Hour! 2 Years After Times Tales


Two years ago, my twin daughters were in 5th grade when I stuck Times Tales in the DVD player for the 1st time. An hour later, they were playing the game that came with it and another 10 minutes later, they were acing their test! I had heard things like, "My kids learned their times tables in an  hour with Times Tales" but I was wary. Still, for just about $15, it was worth a try. When it actually worked, I was blown away! Now it's 2 years later, we did one review of Times Tales about 6 months after the 1st time watching, and it's still sticking! I had noticed that my now-7th graders were having a hard time recalling their 8 facts, but that's the only issue. Plus, my son was only in 2nd grade at the time we watched the show so I needed something for him... and he isn't fond of learning by watching TV. It turns out there's a new product offered by Times Tales and it is equally amazing!

Times Tales offers a brand new workbook set which comes with a 104 page workbook that includes memory stories, crossword puzzles, the dice game (video of us playing below), quizzes, and even a division section. It's very fun as you can see here--my son suddenly enjoys his math time which is amazing in itself! The workbook incorporates math, reading, writing, and art so that one lesson can triple for three different subjects. The set is only $16.50!

When I first purchased the Times Tales DVD, I didn't realize it also incorporated division! Of course, division is the opposite of multiplication so it's perfect. The math facts gained from learning the times tables totally work with division, too. The program simply teaches kiddos how the two go hand in hand so that they can apply their memory stories to division. Since my twins needed brushing up on their 8 facts and division, I made copies of those sections out of my son's book. They had fun with it and now they're right where they need to be, now that they're doing pre-algebra and this is stuff they need to have at the ready!
  

There are a variety of ways you could use Times Tables:
  • In a homeschool setting, like we did.
  • After school with kiddos who are having trouble memorizing their times tables (I really wish we'd had this when I was a kid!)
  • For kiddos with learning disabilities.  There are so many succeess stories of this working for kids when other programs have failed.
  • In an elementary school classroom.  I can't even imagine how many less papers my 5th grade teacher would have had to grade!  We did multiplication drills every single day during our 2nd semester!  This really beats that.
The best deal on Times Tales is at Educents. I price-checked both products and they cost significantly less there than Amazon! I highly recommend not only this set, but the DVD program as well. If you can't afford both, I'd purchase the workbook set. After trying each of them, I like this better. However, as a pair it would make for the best possible comprehension and the fastest learning. You can find the workbook set here and the DVD set here. If you'd like to save a couple dollars, you can buy the downloadable DVD set here. Happy Math!

Note to my Canadian and International readers: Educents' shipping is high outside the U.S. BUT they offer a downloadable version of Times Tales which includes everything the hard copy does. You can find it here.

No comments:

Post a Comment